Filed In: Beauty
Welcome back y’all! Today I want to share this amazing new fun palette by Too Faced Cosmetics and Vegas Nay also known as Naomi! Vegas Nay is a beauty blogger that has curated many beauty inspirational posts of not only herself but also other artists on her Instagram page. The palette comes with not only 12 matte and shimmer colors, but also a shadow insurance eyeshadow base, the ‘Better Than Sex’ Mascara and a Star Dust pigment. This palette is very versatile in the colors and it even comes with 6 mini tutorial cards for you to try different looks. So you not only get the tools, but you learn from Vegas Nay her self! I even did a tutorial using the card called ‘Comment Queen’ as the inspiration. Let’s go over each row and how you can use the color:
- Girl’s Night-this is a great crease color and this color is also good for the lower lash line to smoke out your look.
- Millennial is a great transition color, be sure to blend ready well in the crease. You can also put this color all over the lid just by itself with a strong winged liner
- Chandelier is a great highlight color on the brow bone and you can also put this color all over the lid as a base for the rest of your look
- Jackpot has shimmer and can be used to smoke out your look
- Showgirl can be used all over the lid for a strong smoky look
- #selfie can be used on the lid or highlight the inner corner.
- Follow Me can be an all over lid color for your color pop days, or you can use this color just on the lower lash line for a subtle pop of color.
- The Strip is a good all over lid color and use Jackpot in the outer corner or in the crease for a smoked out look.
- Pink Pearl can be used on the lid along with the loose pigment that comes with the set.
- Sin City is the perfect color to smoke out your looks and make them super dramatic. You can blend this into the outer corner, in the crease, and on the lower lash line.
- Golden Nugget can be used in just the inner corner for a pop of gold, you can put it just on the lower lash line for a little glitz, or you can put it all over the lid to accentuate your smoked out look.
- Double Tap can be used with any of these colors to smoke them out.
I hope this review was helpful and stay tuned for more tutorials and reviews! xoxo
Hi y’all! I am so excited to finally share this tutorial with you! After several days of editing and technical difficulties it is now LIVE for your viewing pleasure. Please subscribe to WrkItGirl on Youtube and also like this video if you want to see more like it! Thank you for watching and stay tuned for more! xoxo
- Becca Cosmetics Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme color Olive
- Laura Mercier pressed powder
- NARS Radiant Creamy concealer in Custard
- NARS Virtual Domination blush palette
- Shadow Insurance eyeshadow primer by Too Faced
- Too Faced Stardust by Vegas_Nay
- Maybelline eye studio black gel liner
- Falsies by Sugar Plum Lash
- Better than Sex Mascara by Too Faced
- Liner Creme O’ Spice by MAC
- Lipstick #1-Please Me by MAC
- Lipstick #2-Myth by MAC
With back-to-school around the corner, I have curated some of of what I consider beauty must-haves for 2015! Whether you are in high school, heading to grad school or you are a mom of a student, these are beauty bag staples!
1. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is a staple in my makeup routine. Whether you are late for class or running errands, this is quick, provides a quick layer of coverage, it’s oil-free, and has spf 30!
2. Make-up Forever translucent powder sets you up for a long day of classes and study groups and helps control shine.
3. Tuape color Blush. I love this color. It’s not too bright but just enough color to add a little life to your look.
4. Maybelline Nudes palette is a great option because you have so many options to go for a very light eye look or add a touch of a smokey effect for a Friday night with friends.
5. A bright nail polish is a must! This is a great way to brighten up your day, especially while you’re trying to find your locker or understand what your professor just said.
6. Clinique Chubby Sticks add a slight tint of color yet keep your lips super moisturized. These are a daily staple in my purse.
7. Maybelline Mascara Big Eyes is the best mascara because it has two sides: one for the upper lashes and one for the lower lashes. It works best when you are up really early in the morning and your aim isn’t so good.
Hey Guys, I hope you enjoy this brand new makeup tutorial on Wrk It Girl channel on YouTube! All products details are listed below the video. Don’t forget to subscribe for more beauty and fashion videos!
Hey y’all. Thank you for visiting! We have another beauty video for you teaching you how to get a natural highlight and contour. This is for those of that really want to try this technique, but don’t want to look carved out. Thank you for watching and don’t forget to subscribe to the WrkItGirl Youtube channel for more fashion & beauty videos!
Hey there friends! We have a new tutorial on How to Blow-Dry Curly Hair! Fortunately, the principles in this video can be applied to all hair types! Just protect your hair from the heat, use a round brush, and blow-dry in sections. We hope you enjoy this video and please subscribe to the WrkItGirl channel for more beauty and fashion videos!
Hey there friends! We have a brand new makeup tutorial using the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar. Please “thumbs up” if you like the video and Subscribe to the WrkItGirl Channel for more videos. Thank you for visiting!
As some of you may know my skin journey has been a long one. I have been battling acne breakouts for about 2 years and I have gone through so many different products and brands. I compiled a list of skincare must haves especially for those of you with very sensitive skin. I have been using the products for about 6 months now and I purposely waited this long to share with you so that I can give you a thorough experience with these products. To the average person, these are luxury products (pretty pricey) and they are an investment so I’m here to make sure that your money is well spent. I have finally found a winning combination for myself and I am very excited to share it with you!
Perricone MD Blue Plasma
The Blue Plasma is what got my skin over it’s hump and has turned my skin around for the better. This product is a daily peel with Salmon Roe Enzyme and Copper. I wear this overnight on top of my Chantecaille serum and the Intensive Pore Treatment. Blue Plasma’s main function is to resurfaces the skin and gives it a really nice glow. The Salmon Roe Enzyme is a natural enzyme that is released during the baby salmon hatching process used for breaking down the salmon shell without harming the larvae. Salmon Roe has exfoliating properties like an acid but won’t harm the human skin. My results weren’t instantaneous and I did not see a difference even after a week of using it. I kept the faith and after a month I noticed that my skin was softer, smoother, brighter and my acne scars were reduced. It’s safe to say that this has become a staple in my skincare routine.
Perricone MD Photo Plasma
I love this stuff! The Photo Plasma moisturizer has SPF 30 and it protects against UVA and UVB. My favorite thing about it is that it’s very light weight and it feels like it smooths out my skin to allow for easy application of my foundation. I apply this on top of the serum in the morning and then I apply foundation. It has non-chemical UVA and UVB mineral Titatinum Dioxide sunscreen. This product also has Vitamin C Ester and Alpha Lipoic Acid and Astaxanthin. Vitamin C Ester promotes natural collagen generation, smooth skin texture and brighten it’s appearance. Alpha Lipoic Acid helps reduce wrinkles, fine lines and the appearance of enlarged pores (which was a huge concern of mine). Astaxanthin is what gives the photo plasma it’s color as it is found in salmon and algae. It is more effective than Vitamin E and a potent antioxidant that protects against harmful UV rays.
Perricone MD Intensive Pore Treatment
The Intensive Pore Treatment is magic for my pores. It has greatly contributed to reducing the size of my pores and helping me preserve my youthful appearance. I feel this has been a huge factor in the reduction of breakouts I have had since my pore size is reduced and it limits the amount of harmful substances that can get in, clog and create a breakout. This product is oil-free and silicone free.
Chantecaille Vital Essence
This serum is lightweight and I love that I can use on my face and in the eye area (yay for saving money).I use Vital Essence as the base product. This is the first thing I put on whether it’s my daytime routine or nighttime, I always put this product first. I have an overproduction of sebum due to stress and hormonal changes as I have gotten older and sebum is one of the main causes of a pimple. The Red Algae helps regulate sebum production which will then reduce my breakouts. Vital Essence also has seaweed and Vitamin C. I first started out with this product and the Chantecaille Water Flower Fluid and these two are what started my skin improvement.
Chantecaille Water Flower Fluid (oil-free)
The Water Flower Fluid is a lightweight oil-free moisturizer that is derived from oranges and has vitamins A, E and C. I apply this on at night on top of the Blue Plasma and Intensive Pore Treatment or I’ll wear it alone if I have no other products on my face. This is ideal for use in warmer more humid climates which that is exactly where I live. The Vitamin C brightens the skin and the Jojoba/shea butter also replenishes moisture. This is a vegan-friendly product.
Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay Foundation
Tarte was on the money when they developed this product. The Amazonian Clay Foundation foundation has done an amazing job at covering my blemishes while maintaining a natural appearance. This is also a 12-hour foundation and has SPF 15 so no need for a primer if you plan on wearing this for less than 12-hours. I don’t like to wear it alone, so I always apply my Chantecaille serum at least before applying the foundation. Since I am prone to breakouts I was excited that it is also non-comedogenic (which means it doesn’t cause blocked pores). If you are vegan, this is a vegan-friendly product as well.
Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder
In the past I did not use any powders on my face for fear of clogging my pores and causing breakouts (have you caught on to the trend yet haha!). I decided to try the Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder and I love the finished look. It gives a flawless almost porcelain look to my skin. This product is also oil-free and water resistant.
I am very happy with my results and I’ll soon share some before and after photos of my skin with acne and my skin as it is today. The pictures will shock you!
xoxo, Wrk IT Girl
A couple weeks ago, I attended the Back to School Sweet Stitch class taught by Joy Williams, held at the Houston Indique Boutique. Sereena Samuel, General Manager, made sure everyone was taken care of by providing sweet treats and pink punch as the hair guru shared her secrets of the hair business and techniques. The class was very interactive and hands on and at the end, students were able to feel, learn and take a closer look at the work products Joy provided. I was excited to be apart of the class as I was the model to demonstrate the 3 part sew-in. I was also wearing Indique hair in Beach Wave and Pure Curly (c/o Indique). Joy takes pride in her work and made sure my hair was perfect and checked-in with me throughout my appointment to make sure I was comfortable.
Indique Virgin Hair Extensions are soft, very full, voluminous and I have very little to no shedding in the few weeks that I’ve had this hair installed. I have naturally curly hair, and I am so happy to be able to wear my hair curly or straight. Having the option to wear curly or straight has definitely relieved the stress of being pressed for time and being late because I still need to straighten my hair. I recommend this hair to anyone who is looking to change their look, seeking a protective style, or wanting to grow out their hair. At the Indique boutique as well as the website you’ll find a Hair ID guide that will help you select the hair that either best matches your natural hair or the texture that you would like to have for your style.
The students and I had an amazing experience with both Joy and Indique Hair and I will definitely be going back to both very soon!
Thank you so much for visiting.
xoxo, Wrk IT Girl
The process of the 3 part sew-in
Sweet Stitch Class taught by Joy Williams
I am so excited to share my latest experience at a new salon here in Houston, TX. I actually had anxiety about trying out a new place/person and didn’t know what to expect. I am extremely particular when it comes to my hair and it’s so hard for me to trust new people with my hair. I have had several hair disasters over the past few years so I’m even more protective and reluctant. I heard about Solution for Hair and Makeup and my girl Dia works there.
When I finally arrived it was a beautiful day and Solution for Hair and Makeup looks like an oasis when you pull up. I already had a sigh of relief. I walked in and the decor is beautiful. I instantly fell in love with the ambiance and the people. The hostess immediately offered me water or wine and had me change into my robe. Dia met up with me with a huge smile and immediately started talking with me about any hair concerns and what I wanted to achieve for my final look. My hair was very damaged on the ends and I had a couple different colors, so my goal was to have a very rich dark brown color and a nice trim to even out my hair from my mohawk days.
Long story short, Dia did an AMAZING job! My hair is kind of difficult and I was so impressed by her patience and her work ethic. Her desire to give me a perfect hair cut was even more impressive as she brought over her managers just to double check her work. I felt more and more confident in her and the salon because I know they will take that extra care in their clients.
You guys have to try this salon. This is my new go-to place and Dia is my new hair guru! Visit Solution for Hair and Makeup and ask for Dia Patel!
Thank you for visiting!
*Hair services c/o Soultion for Hair and Makeup